Continuing IT Training Program
Introduction to Security
Program OverviewThe course is designed to teach security fundamentals. Attendees receive training on the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act, system security, network infrastructure, access control, assessments and audits, cryptography, and organizational security.
Key ObjectivesAfter completing this course, students will have a solid instruction to key topics related to Information Security including:
- Baseline Terminology and Concepts
- Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Security Management Practices
- PKI Implementation and Concepts
- Access Control and Authentication
- Firewall Implementation and Concepts
- Physical and Operations Security
- Network Auditing and Monitoring
- Security in the Mobile Workspace, and
- Secure Network Design implementing basic security protocols on a variety of systems and devices.
Instructional FormatLectures and class discussion.
RMS Bank Examiners who perform IT examinations.
This course is open to appropriate staff of the FDIC and partner government regulatory agencies. This course is not open to the public or staff of private banks.
PrerequisitesAttendees should have a basic knowledge of information technology and should have attended ITEC.
Post Course FeedbackNone.
For more information concerning course content and administration, please contact Kayt Shipley at (703) 516-5071 or Petra Nelson at (703)516-5491.