San Francisco Region Bankers Training:
IRR/Securities Analysis Workshop:
The 2013 Community Bankers Workshop will focus on interest rate risk and securities analysis. By focusing primarily on these two topics, our expectation is that you will receive an in-depth understanding of these important areas of asset/liability management. For a detailed description of discussion topics, please see the bullet point items below:
- Interest Rate Risk (IRR): Gain an understanding of the regulatory perspective on today’s interest rate risk environment, including in-depth discussions on interest rate risk modeling; assumption support and documentation; and model backtesting and validation. We’ll discuss the interest rate risk management process in today’s heightened interest rate risk environment, and demonstrate modeling assumption support techniques that can be applied at your bank. This includes hands-on examples that you can readily apply.
- Securities Analysis: Learn about the impact of the Dodd Frank Act on the regulatory treatment of investment securities. We will address changes to regulatory guidelines, pre-purchase and monitoring requirements, and examiner expectations. Tabletop exercises will use sample bond documentation to demonstrate if a security meets investment-grade standards and arrive at a regulatory classification.
- Regulatory Question & Answer Panel: You will learn about the latest regulatory hot topics and be able to ask questions of local regulators.
- Economic Presentation: An economic specialist will highlight aspects of the economy tailored to your specific area/state. Walk away with valuable insight into your market area and the resources to continue your own research.
Presidents/Chief Executive Officers; treasury staff; Chief Financial Officers; and directors on your Asset-Liability Committee (ALCO)
Sessions begin at approximately 8:00am
- Interest Rate Risk (IRR)
- Securities Analysis
- Lunch/Presentation on Economic Conditions
- Tabletop Exercise – IRR Examples, Securities Analysis Examples
- Questions & Answers Session1
Sessions end at approximately 3:45 pm
For a copy of the days full agenda click here
Location and Dates
You may attend any of the sessions throughout the region, not just the session in your immediate area. Please coordinate with your respective trade association to register and to receive details regarding location dates and venues.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the following locations:
You must register through your trade association to participate in the Workshop. Please use the links provided on the Location, Dates and Venues page to register. Space may be limited, so please register early.
Community Bankers Credit Workshop Developer
For additional information you may contact Field Supervisor Bob McGibbon at: RMcGibbon@fdic.gov or via telephone at 323-545-9260 x4211.
1 Q & A session will not be offered in Portland, OR