- A Major Disaster Declaration has been issued for the following areas of Missouri due to severe flooding: Audrain, Barry, Barton, Boone, Bollinger, Butler, Callaway, Camden, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Cedar, Christian, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Dent, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Hickory, Howard, Howell, Iron, Jasper, Jefferson, Laclede, Lawrence, Lincoln, Madison, Maries, McDonald, Miller, Mississippi, Montgomery, Moniteau, Morgan, New Madrid, Newton, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pemiscot, Perry, Phelps, Pike, Polk, Pulaski, Reynolds, Ripley, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, St. Louis, Ste. Genevieve, Shannon, Scott, Stoddard, Stone, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Webster, and Wright counties, and in the independent city of St. Louis.
- Individuals and households in these areas may be eligible for federal assistance.
- The FDIC is encouraging financial institutions to work constructively with borrowers who are experiencing difficulties beyond their control because of damage caused by these disasters.
- Extending repayment terms, restructuring existing loans or easing terms for new loans, if done in a manner consistent with sound banking practices, can contribute to the health of the community and serve the long-term interests of the lending institution.
- The FDIC will also consider regulatory relief from certain filing and publishing requirements for banks in the affected areas.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Lending Officer
Supervisory Practices Regarding Depository
Institutions and Borrowers Affected by Severe
Storms and Flooding in Missouri.
Assistant Regional Director
John Jilovec (816) 234-
8141 or JJilovec@fdic.gov
FIL-25-2008 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-