- On November 5, 2007, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added new entries to its Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list. The new entries are:
- HARDAN, Assaad Halim (a.k.a. HARDAN, As'ad; a.k.a. HARDAN, Assad); DOB 31 Jul 1951; POB Rashayya al-Fakhar, Lebanon; alt. POB Rashayya al-Fuqhar, Lebanon; alt. POB Rashia al Foukhar, Lebanon (individual) [LEBANON]
- KHAYRBIK, Muhammad Nasif (a.k.a. KHAIRBEK, Mohammed Nassif; a.k.a. KHAYR-BAYK, Muhammad Nasif; a.k.a. KHEIRBEK, Mohammad Nasif), Damascus, Syria; DOB 5 Apr 1937; Syrian Deputy Vice President for Security Affairs; Major General (individual) [SYRIA]
- MAKHLUF, Hafiz (a.k.a. MAKHLOUF, Hafez); DOB circa 1975; POB Damascus, Syria; Colonel (individual) [LEBANON]
- WAHHAB, Wi'am (a.k.a. WAHAB, Wiyam; a.k.a. WAHHAB, Wiam; a.k.a. WIHAB, Wi'am; a.k.a. WIHAB, Wiyam); DOB 1964; POB Al-Jahiliya, Shuf Mountains, Lebanon (individual) [LEBANON]
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner B. C. Hamilton at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-102-2007 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained
through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 N. Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).