- On July 21, 2005, the Department of the Treasuryís Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added a number of entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDNs).
- OFAC also has published a notice on licensing policy regarding transactions with six Colombian entities designated pursuant to Executive Order 12978.
- The new entries to the SDN list and the licensing policy are attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFACís Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Updates to SDN List
Licensing Policy for six Colombia entities
Senior Financial Analyst Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673.
FIL-71-2005 - PDF 38k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).