Financial Institution Letters
|The SAR Activity Review - Trends, Tips & Issues
Octtober 2005 Issue
November 14, 2005
ninth issue of The SAR Activity Review – Trends, Tips & Issues, published by the Department of the Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), is now available.
- On October 31, 2005, FinCEN issued its ninth issue of The SAR Activity Review – Trends, Tips & Issues. The publication addresses trends identified by FinCEN in suspicious activity reports (SARs) and case studies, and provides guidance on preparing and filing SARs.
- This issue identifies current trends in the securities and futures industries, as well as examines the emergence of the “Computer Intrusion” violation in depository institutions.
current issue can be found at http://www.fincen.gov/sarreviewissue9.pdf.
- Further information about FinCEN, including previous issues of The SAR Activity Review, is available at www.fincen.gov.
- Beginning in 2006, The SAR Activity Review will be published three times each year.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Suspicious Activity Reports
Senior Financial Analyst Sean Forbush at
SAS FIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-8506
FIL-110-2005 - PDF 66k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).