Financial Institution Letters
Foreign Assets Control Act
August 6, 2004
||CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (also of interest to BSA Compliance Officer)
||Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
||Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has removed and added several entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
On August 2, 2004, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) added four new entries to the Iraqi list, removed two entries from its Sudan list, and added a new entry to the Sudan list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (“SDN”). The added and removed entries are listed below.
The following [IRAQ2] entries have been added:
- AL-JANABI, Nabil Abdullah, Beirut, Lebanon; DOB 14 August 1942; POB Baghdad, Iraq; Passport No. H101901/1 (Iraq) (individual) (IRAQ2)
- AL-TAMIMI, Muhannad Juma Y (a.k.a. AL-TAMIMI, Muhamad Juma Y); DOB 1956; POB Baghdad, Iraq; Passport No. M0817630 (Iraq); Passport H0284744 (Iraq) (individual) (IRAQ2)
- BLOTO INTERNATIONAL COMPANY (a.k.a. BLOTO INTERNATIONAL, LTD.; a.k.a. BLUTO INTERNATIONAL; a.k.a. PLUTO-DUBAI TRADING COMPANY, LLC), Iraq; 131/13 Soi 7/1 Sukhumvit Road, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand; 131/13 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey Neua sub-district, Wattana District, Bangkok 10110, Thailand; Dubai, United Arab Emirates (IRAQ2)
- KUNFUTH, Abbas Khalaf, House 21, Lane 17, Subdivision 603, Dragh District, Al-Mansour, Baghdad; DOB 1955; POB Baghdad, Iraq; (individual) (IRAQ2)
The following Sudan entries have been removed:
- FARMERS BANK FOR INVESTMENT & RURAL DEVELOPMENT, Khartoum, Sudan (SUDAN)
- SUDAN COMMERCIAL BANK, P.O. Box 1116, Al-Qasr Avenue, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 182, El Gadaref, Sudan; P.O. Box 412, El Obeid, Sudan; P.O. Box 1174, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 570, Port Sudan, Sudan (SUDAN)
The Sudan entries were replaced with the following new entry:
- FARMERS COMMERCIAL BANK (f.k.a. FARMERS BANK FOR INVESTMENT & RURAL DEVELOPMENT; f.k.a. SUDAN COMMERCIAL BANK), P.O. Box 1116, El Kasr Avenue, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 22, El Damazin, Sudan; El Fau, Sudan; P.O. Box 182, El Gadaref, Sudan; P.O. Box 1, El Hawata, Sudan; P.O. Box 8, El Nuhud, Sudan; P.O. Box 412, El Obeid, Sudan; P.O. Box 45153, El Suk Elarabi, Sudan; P.O. Box 1174, Gamhoria Avenue, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 1694, El Suk Elafrangi, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 384, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 86, Industrial Area, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 8127, Khartoum, Sudan; P.O. Box 36, New Halfa, Sudan; P.O. Box 899, Omdurman, Sudan; P.O. Box 570, Port Sudan, Sudan; Wad Madani, Sudan (SUDAN)
OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked. OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/.
Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution. For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts, or the procedures to block accounts, please calls OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
For your reference, FDIC Financial Institution Letters may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2004/index.html. To learn how to automatically receive FDIC Financial Institution Letters through e-mail, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html.
||Michael J. Zamorski
|| Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection
# # #
Distribution: FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
NOTE: Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC'S Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).