Financial Institution Letters
July 8, 2014
FDIC Announces Upcoming Community Affairs Webinar:
Model Approaches to Community Bank/Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Partnerships
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) Community Affairs Branch will host a webinar on Model Approaches to Community Bank/CDFI Partnerships on July 31, 2014, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EDT). FDIC staff will provide an overview of a resource guide, Strategies for Community Banks to Develop Partnerships with CDFIs, designed to help community banks identify and evaluate opportunities to collaborate with CDFIs. The webinar also will include presentations on model bank/CDFI partnerships and an overview of U.S. Department of the Treasury programs that can potentially support bank/CDFI partnerships.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The webinar will inform community banks of strategies to meet community credit needs in low- and moderate-income communities and receive Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) consideration through collaborations with CDFIs.
- The webinar will be held on Thursday, July 31, 2014, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT.
- CDFIs are specialized financial institutions that provide financial products and services to underserved markets.
- The webinar is a follow-up to the release of the FDIC's resource guide Strategies for Community Banks to Develop Partnerships with CDFIs.
- The webinar will include an overview of the resource guide. Bank officials representing Community Savings Bank, Chicago, IL; The Bank of Tampa, Tampa, FL; and Eastern Bank, Boston, MA—banks that were featured in the resource guide—will discuss their approaches to working with CDFIs. A representative from the U.S. Department of Treasury's CDFI Fund also will review their programs that can potentially support partnership activities.
- The session is free but registration is required. Institutions must register by July 28. Click here to register.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief CRA Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Jo Ann Wilkerson, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 254-0482
- FDIC Outreach and Program Development Section at email@example.com
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).