Financial Institution Letters
April 25, 2014
Webinar on Senior Management'S Role in Cybersecurity
The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council will host a free webinar entitled Executive Leadership of Cybersecurity: What Today's CEO Needs to Know About the Threats They Don't See. The webinar is scheduled for May 7, 2014, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., EDT.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The webinar is designed to:
- Be a plain language presentation for senior management of institutions on current cyber threats and actions that can be taken to protect their customers and institutions.
- Provide key takeaways to assist in promoting an appropriate tone from senior management on topics that include building a security culture, integrating cybersecurity into the business units, and engaging boards of directors.
- Highlight the importance of public/private partnerships, such as the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC).
- The webinar will also include a live question-and-answer period with regulators.
- Participation by financial institution executive management is strongly encouraged.
- Please register by no later than midnight CDT on May 6, 2014, at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1596716/Registration-Ask-the-Regulators-CCIWG-May-07-2014.
- Additional information will be provided upon registration.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Information Office
- Chief Information Security Officer
- • FIL-16-2014, Technology Alert: OpenSSL "Heartbleed" Vulnerability (April 2014) http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/fil14016.html
- • FIL-11-2014, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks (April 2014) http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/fil14011.html
- • FIL-10-2014, ATM and Card Authorization Systems (April 2014) http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/fil14010.html
- Marlene Roberts, Senior Specialist, Critical Infrastructure Protection, at email@example.com or (703) 254-0465.
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).