- FinCEN has issued
the attached ANPR seeking comments from the public, MSBs, and the banking
regarding the BSA's impact
on MSBs ' ability
to obtain appropriate access to banking services.
- MSBs have experienced obstacles in opening and maintaining deposit
accounts with banks.
- FinCEN is soliciting updated facts about this issue as well
as feedback on whether additional guidance or regulatory
action under the BSA might address these concerns.
- Comments must be submitted to FinCEN on or before May
9, 2006, and should be identified by RIN 1506-AA85.
- Comments may be submitted via electronic mail at email@example.com (include the RIN in the subject line of the message) or
via regular paper mail to FinCEN, P.O. Box 39, Vienna, Virginia
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate
personnel in your institution.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Bank Secrecy Act
Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - PDF 55k (PDF
Senior Program Analyst Charles W. Collier at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
- PDF 37k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).