Each depositor insured to at least $250,000 per insured bank

Home > Industry Analysis > Failed Banks > Lien Release on a Mobile Home

Lien Release on a Mobile Home

En Español

Single wide, Double wide, etc. please provide us with the following required document(s):
  • A copy of the Title or Non-Negotiable Title for the Mobile Home that you are requesting to be released. The copy must be readable and clearly show the Owner's Name, Lien holder's Name, the Label or Serial Number, the Year, the Make and Model, and the Weight and Size.

  • If the Title or Non-Negotiable Title has been lost or is unavailable, you will have to request a printout from the State containing the title information, and forward it to us. This printout is sometimes called a Inquiry Report, Title Report or a TWIX. Depending on the State in which you live, you may have to go to the Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Public Safety, or the local Tax Office for this printout and there may be a small fee for it. Please note that a registration certificate is not the same as a title report and is not acceptable.

  • Due to the Privacy Act of 1974, the FDIC will not accept a copy of the borrower’s credit report as proof of payoff. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR REQUEST.
It is highly suggested you also provide the following documents, if available:
  • Proof that the loan was paid in full. Proof of Payoff may include such things as a copy of a "PAID" Note, copies of payment checks, or anything else that would indicate payment. This will greatly reduce the amount of research time and expedite our handling of your request.
A request for a Release of Lien must be made in writing.

Mail, email or fax your request with the required documentation to the appropriate DRR Customer Service Center. Please do not do both. Hard to read documents should be mailed or sent overnight, rather than faxed. Unreadable documents cannot be processed. To avoid any duplication, please submit your request only once.

Be sure to include your address and phone number with your written request.

Please allow 20 business days for the completion of your request.

If you have any questions you may call the appropriate DRR Customer Service Center toll-free. A Customer Service Representative will be happy to answer your questions, OR, refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.

Back to How To Obtain a Lien Release

Last Updated 09/12/2013 cservicefdicdal@fdic.gov