Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996
Welcome to the FDIC EGRPRA WebsiteThe Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996 (EGRPRA) requires that regulations prescribed by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System be reviewed by the agencies at least once every 10 years. The purpose of this review is to identify outdated or unnecessary regulations and consider how to reduce regulatory burden on insured depository institutions while, at the same time, ensuring their safety and soundness and the safety and soundness of the financial system.
The second EGRPRA review is now underway, and we invite you to participate. The scope of the EGRPRA review includes rules that the agencies will have finalized before the publication of the last EGRPRA notice in the series, which is intended to be published by the end of 2015. This review provides an opportunity for the public to consider and comment on these regulations, individually and as a whole.
For additional information on the agencies' EGRPRA review, please see:
- Press Releases
- Agencies Announce EGRPRA Outreach Meeting in Chicago
- Agencies Announce EGRPRA Outreach Meeting in Kansas City Focusing on Rural Banking Issues
August 4, 2015, at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. The Meeting Agenda can be found here.
- April 6, 2015 - Agencies Announce Additional EGRPRA Outreach Meetings
- February 20, 2015 - Agencies Announce Publication of the Second Set of EGRPRA Categories for Review
- January 14, 2015 - Agencies Announce Additional EGRPRA Outreach Meetings
- June 4, 2014 - Agencies Announce Publication of the First Set of EGRPRA Categories for Review
- Federal Register Notices
- Federal Register Notice #3 (focusing on regulations covering Consumer Protection; Directors, Officers and Employees; and Money Laundering)
- Federal Register Notice #2 (focusing on regulations covering Banking Operations; Capital; and the Community Reinvestment Act)
- Federal Register Notice #1 (focusing on regulations covering Applications and Reporting; Powers and Activities; and International Operations)
- Details, transcripts, and video of outreach meetings
- Notice of Outreach Meeting on October 19, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT)
- Notice of Outreach Meeting on August 4, 2015, at 9 a.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT)
- Notice of Outreach Meeting on May 4, 2015, at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Notice of Outreach Meeting on February 4, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST)
- Notice of Outreach Meeting on Tuesday, December 2, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST)