The FDIC has consolidated a number of resources relating to Regulatory Capital. This webpage will allow users to:
- Review the regulatory capital rules that govern the capital adequacy of FDIC-supervised depository institutions.
- Browse recent news and press releases, financial institution letters, notices of proposed rulemaking, final rules, and related documents from the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
On April 9, 2014, the FDIC Board of Directors approved a Final Rule on the Basel III Capital Accord. This rule is substantially the same as the Interim Final Rule approved by the FDIC on July 9, 2013. The FDIC Board wanted to consider the Basel III rule in relation to the strengthening of the supplementary leverage ratio standards (for the eight largest, most interconnected banking organizations).
The FDIC has created a video presentation and guides to help explain the new rules.
- Video Presentation Highlighting Key Aspects of the Regulatory Capital Interim Final Rule Applicable to Community Banks
- Presentation Slides on Regulatory Capital Interim Final Rule – PDF
- Regulatory Capital Interim Final Rule - PDF
- Interagency Community Bank Guide to the New Capital Rule - PDF
- Expanded Community Bank Guide to the New Capital Rule for FDIC-Supervised Banks - PDF
- Points of Contact for Additional Questions or Concerns
- Presentation Slides from August 15, 2013 Teleconference on Interim Final Rule - PDF
Proposed RC-R InstructionsProposed Reporting Changes to the Regulatory Capital Components and Ratios Portion of Schedule RC-R Including Instructions (www.ffiec.gov)