- The Financial Results for 1997 is now available. Posted On: 3/31/98
- FDIC Rules and Regulations - The complete text of the
FDIC's Law, Regulations and Related Acts (Rules and Regulations), with interactive search
capability; is now available. Policy statements approved by the FDIC Board of Directors,
selected General Counsel opinions, legal advisory opinions, consumer laws and regulations
related to banking, and selected Federal Reserve regulations are also part of the service.
Posted On: 3/26/98
- Bank Trends The rising level of credit
card debt is often cited as one of the factors in the rising personal bankruptcy rate.
This paper argues that a 1978 Supreme Court decision ("Marquette") set the U.S.
on a course of rising personal bankruptcies when it deregulated consumer interest rates.
The paper, which is the fourth in a series on personal bankruptcies, argues that interest
rate deregulation fundamentally altered the market for credit card loans and resulted in
expanded availability of credit, an increase in the average risk profile of borrowers, and
a secular increase in personal bankruptcies. Posted On:
- Regional Outlook for First Quarter 1998 Posted On: 3/24/98
- March 1998 Call Report
Forms are now available. Posted On: 3/20/98
- 1997 Fourth Quarter Quarterly Banking Profile Posted On: 3/12/98
- FDIC Banking Review, Vol. 10 No. 2 -
Published: February, 1998 Posted On: 3/11/98