1000 - Federal Deposit Insurance Act
(a) EXCLUSIVE COMMISSION AUTHORITY.--Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, a Federal banking agency may not inspect or examine any registered investment company that is not a bank holding company or a savings and loan holding company.
(b) EXAMINATION RESULTS AND OTHER INFORMATION.--The Commission shall provide to any Federal banking agency, upon request, the results of any examination, reports, records, or other information with respect to any registered investment company to the extent necessary for the agency to carry out its statutory responsibilities.
(c) CERTAIN EXAMINATIONS AUTHORIZED.--Nothing in this section shall prevent the Corporation, if the Corporation finds it necessary to determine the condition of an insured depository institution for insurance purposes, from examining an affiliate of any insured depository institution, pursuant to its authority under section 1820(b)(4) of this title, as may be necessary to disclose fully the relationship between the insured depository institution and the affiliate, and the effect of such relationship on the insured depository institution.
(d) DEFINITIONS.--For purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) BANK HOLDING COMPANY.--The term "bank holding company" has the meaning given the term in section 1841 of this title.
(2) COMMISSION.--The term "Commission" means the Securities and Exchange Commission.
(3) CORPORATION.--The term "Corporation" means the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
(5) INSURED DEPOSITORY INSTITUTION.--The term "insured depository institution" has the meaning given the term in section 1813(c) of this title.
(6) REGISTERED INVESTMENT COMPANY.--The term "registered investment company" means an investment company that is registered with the Commission under the Investment Company Act of 1940 [15 U.S.C.A. § 80a--1 et seq.].
(7) SAVINGS AND LOAN HOLDING COMPANY.--The term "savings and loan holding company" has the meaning given the term in section 1467a(a)(1)(D) of this section.
[Codified to 12 U.S.C. 1820a]
[Source: Section 115 of title I of the Act of November 12, 1999 (Pub. L. No. 106--102; 113 Stat. 1371]
*Editor's note: This section was enacted as part of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Pub. L. 106--102, November 12, 1999, 113 Stat. 1338) and not as part of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. We include this section here for our readers' convenience.