Inactive Financial Institution Letters
|Office Of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
October 6, 2005
||The Department of the Treasuryís Office of Foreign Assets Control has added several new entries to its list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists.
- On September 19, 2005, the Department of the Treasuryís Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added several new entries to its list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists.
- The new entries are SALEH, Dr. Abdul Latif (a.k.a. ABU AMIR; a.k.a. SALEH ABU HUSSEIN, Abdul Latif A.A.; a.k.a. SALEH, Abdul Latif A.A.; a.k.a. SALEH, Abdyl Latif; a.k.a. SALEH, Dr. Abd al-Latif; a.k.a. SALIH, Abd al-Latif), United Arab Emirates; DOB 5 Mar 1957; POB Baghdad, Iraq; citizen Jordan; alt. Albania; Passport D366 871 (Jordan) (individual) [SDGT].
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFACís Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Senior Financial Analyst Debra L. Novak at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-99-2005 - PDF 40k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).