Among the significant activities and accomplishments
reported in this edition of the FDIC's Letter to Stakeholders
are the following:
Your feedback to the Letter to Stakeholders is encouraged,
as are suggestions for improvement.
For more information, visit the FDIC's Web site at
- FDIC-insured commercial banks and savings institutions reported net income of $28.7 billion in the third quarter of 2007.
- Estimated insured deposits increased by $9.7 billion in the third quarter of 2007. The Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) balance increased by $527 million to $51.8 billion.
- The FDIC, along with the other banking regulators, approved the final rule implementing the Advanced Approaches of the Basel II Capital Accord.
- In the current issue of FDIC Quarterly, the FDIC outlines the analytical case for a systematic and streamlined loan modification process and common misconceptions about this approach.
- The FDIC and the Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which provides the framework for KDIC employees to gain an overview of the FDIC's operations.
Chief Executive Officer
FDIC Key Indices
Letter to Stakeholders
Senior Accountant Karen Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (703) 562-6188.
FIL-8-2008 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-