Resources for Consumers
- A Quick Guide for Consumers on Credit, Debit, and Prepaid Cards: A helpful chart outlining the differences between credit, debit, and prepaid cards.
- "EDIE," the FDIC's Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator: An online calculator that assists consumers and businesses in determining their deposit insurance coverage for each FDIC-insured bank where they have deposit accounts. EDIE also provides a printable report showing whether those deposits are fully protected or if some exceed the federal limits.
- Bank Find: Our online directory that consumers can use to locate an FDIC-insured institution, learn what happened to a bank that changed names or no longer exists, and more.
- Customer Assistance Form: An easy-to-use form to submit a question to the FDIC or a complaint regarding a financial institution. Of course, consumers with questions or concerns can also call the FDIC toll-free at 1-877-ASK-FDIC, which is 1-877-275-3342.
- Small Business Web Page: Useful information for small business owners, especially regarding access to loans, plus an online form to ask the FDIC a question or register a concern.
- Money Smart: A financial education curriculum concentrating on the development of consumers' financial skills and positive banking relationships.
- Foreclosure Prevention Toolkit: A Web page that provides easy access to helpful information for homeowners on avoiding foreclosure and foreclosure "rescue" scams.
- Your Guide to Preventing and Managing Overdraft Fees: The FDIC brochure providing information and advice on overdraft fees.
- FDIC Consumer News: The FDIC's quarterly publication for consumers offers information and tips on credit cards, bank accounts, loans, scams, money management, and much more. Consumers can also listen to articles anywhere, anytime online or by downloading to an MP3 player.
- Consumer Alerts: Warnings about financial frauds and scams.
- E-mail updates: Sign up to receive e-mail notices of each new issue of FDIC Consumer News, Consumer Alerts, and other announcements and publications from the FDIC.