Frequently Asked Questions
- When will I hear from you about an interview?
- We intend to begin our interviews in March/April. We contact prospective interviewees by telephone.
How will I know if my application is being considered?
- You may check the status of your application on-line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through USAJOBS by signing in and selecting "Application Status."
- I live far from Washington. Do you reimburse for travel to Washington if I am interviewed?
- No. Students who are too far from Washington to travel may be interviewed by telephone.
- When will you make offers to successful applicants?
- We can make offers any time from March through mid-May.
- Do you pay relocation expenses?
- The FDIC does not pay for any relocation costs for summer interns.
- What is the salary for a summer intern?
- For 2013 and depending on qualifications, the grade and salary level for a Pathways Summer Intern (law clerk) in Washington, DC is either CG-7 at $1482 bi-weekly or CG-9 at $1783 bi-weekly. These salaries include a Washington DC pay differential (19.86%).
- How are offers made?
- "Tentative" offers are made by telephone with a follow-up letter which includes application forms required for federal suitability clearance. Upon a favorable suitability clearance, a formal job offer with proposed grade, salary and start date will be issued. Note that the suitability clearance process takes a couple weeks.
- To whom should I address my cover letter?
- You may address your cover letter to the "Pathways Summer Legal Intern (law clerk) Program Coordinator."
Does the FDIC hire pathways summer interns at its locations outside Washington
Yes, at some of them. Each regional legal office makes its own determination whether to hire pathways summer interns. If an office decides to hire, it will post vacancy announcements at: https://www.usajobs.gov. The application process for the regional offices is independent of the process for the Headquarters program. The Legal Division has offices in Boston, New York City, Atlanta, Jacksonville, FL, Chicago, Kansas City, MO, Dallas, Memphis, and San Francisco, CA.
If you donít see
the answer to your question here, please contact LaShawndy Cobey at 703 562-2297, Gwen Brady at (703) 562-2624 or Bridgett McQueen at (703) 562-6235.